DO YOU WALK? ~ DO YOU RUN? ~ DO YOU BIKE? ~ DO YOU SWIM?
Help support Team Tyler as they race to raise funds for the Tyler Foundation!
Team Tyler is a group of athletes of all levels that compete in different types of races (5Ks, 10Ks, Triathlons, etc) throughout the year to raise awareness and funds for the Tyler Foundation.
We are looking for runners, walkers, swimmers and bikers to join our team.
For more information or to join Team Tyler contact Nikki Blackwell, Team Tyler coordinator at email@example.com
Upcoming Team Tyler Events
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Groton Road Race - 10k, 5K, 2k and Tots' Trot
10:45 am – Tots' Trot
11:15 am – 2K
11:50 am – 5K
1:00 pm – 10K
Race info: http://www.grotonroadrace.com
- Tots' Trot - A great way to introduce the children to running as a fun family activity. Toddlers up to 6 years old can participate. All tots receive a snack bag and finisher's ribbon.
- 2K - Longer that the Trot (approximately 1.2 miles), but not as much pressure as the 5K. Perfect for young, aspiring athletes to strut their stuff or for parents and grandparents to run alongside their youngsters. This event is timed, but not officially scored.
Every participant receives a ribbon.
- 5K - A beautiful course that winds through town - and did we mention the hill?
- 10K - An idyllic route set on rolling hills that takes you through scenic Groton.
For more information or to join Team Tyler in the Groton Road Race contact Nikki Blackwell, Team Tyler coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
June 9, 2013
Splash of Color 5K Fun Run
The Splash of Color 5K is an unforgettable, fun experience–a non-competitive run, walk, (or heck, even crawl, skip, or roll).
Race Time: 8:00AM
Race info: http://splashofcolor5k.com
For more information or to join Team Tyler in the Splash of Color 5K Race contact Nikki Blackwell, Team Tyler coordinator, at email@example.com
Photos from 2011 Team Tyler races:
Team Tyler FAQ's
What is Team Tyler?
Team Tyler is a group of athletes that compete in different types of races (5Ks, 10Ks, Triathlons, etc) throughout the year. Each member of Team Tyler raises funds for the Tyler Foundation for at least one race each year.
What is the Tyler Foundation?
The Tyler Foundation is a non-profit foundation that provides financial support to families' of children with epilepsy that are being treated at Children's Hospital Boston and UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center. Some examples of how the Tyler Foundation helps families include:
- Supplying meals at a hospital or rehab facility to families of children who are inpatients at Children's Hospital Boston or UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center.
- Donating gas cards to be used by families who are transporting children to doctor's appointments and hospital visits related to epilepsy.
- Providing financial assistance for the purchase of therapeutic equipment.
Do I need to be a runner, biker or swimmer to join Team Tyler?
Absolutely not! We have athletes from all levels that join Team Tyler. Several races allow you to walk, and even push a jogging stroller. Some races we do are more intense, like triathlons, but we can help you succeed regardless of your experience. It's the thought and effort that count, and knowing that you are helping families in need.
Can I just participate in one portion of a triathlon?
Yes! Team Tyler participates in several triathlons throughout the year. You can choose to sign up as an individual and do the entire triathlon, or you can create a relay team where three people each do one portion of the triathlon. (Run, Bike, Swim)
Is there a minimum amount I need to fundraise if I join Team Tyler?
No. All we ask is that you create a FirstGiving page (which we will help you setup) and ask your friends, family and co-workers to support your efforts. All donations are 100% tax deductible. We are grateful for any and all donations, and there is not a minimum amount you need to fundraise.
Do I have to participate in all the Team Tyler races throughout the year?
No. You can do as few or as many as you would like. We just ask that the first race you sign up to do, is the one that you use as your fundraising race. If you choose to do several races throughout the year, it is at your own discretion if you fundraise for each race, or just pick one race each year.
How do I sign up?
For more information or to sign up to participate in a race we have scheduled, email the Team Tyler coordinator Nikki Blackwell at firstname.lastname@example.org